Friday, January 17, 2014

On the Florida Real Estate Exam, The Math Is Just Like Sex

     At Climer School of Real Estate, when I teach the math, one of my students always want to show me a "shortcut".  I always tell my students," Math on the real estate exam is like sex. There is no prize for being fast.  The prize is for getting it right.".

     On the Florida real estate exam, you need to get all of the ten math problems correct.  It pays to go slow and be certain that you understand the the question.  Answer the question that you are asked.

     In Linda Crawford's textbook, "Real Estate Principles And Practices And Law 37th Edition" on page 355, question 18 is a trick question.  In my real estate classes, we do these questions for homework.  When I teach these classes, I ask my students to raise their hand if they have done the question.  Then I give them the answer and ask how many got it right.  That question will always fool about three fourths of the students.  Three out of four miss it.  It is not because it is a hard question.  It is because the students don't read it carefully.  It is a tricky question.  That same question is on my free practice test at www.climerrealestateschool.com  Just like sex, be careful.  It costs $31.50 to take the Florida real estate exam at Pearson Vue every time you take it.  Most people take it more than once. http://ronclimer.blogspot.com/2014/01/the-pass-fail-results-for-florida-real.html   Here is the details on that if you want it.

     If you want any help with the math on the Florida real estate exam, go to You Tube and watch my free real estate math videos.  Our user name is Climer School.  There is a playlist of twelve math videos that will help you pass the Florida real estate exam.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-J6kid1FTs   The Florida real estate exam is ten per cent math.  It is easier to pass the real estate exam if you get ten out of ten on the math.  I have looked at hundreds of failure notices where the applicant made a 73 or a 74 on the state exam and got eight out of ten on the math. What is the message here?  Get ten out of ten on the real estate math. 

     If we can help you get your Florida real estate license contact us at 407 822 3926

1 comment:

  1. Valuable information and excellent design you got here! I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and time into the stuff you post!flats for sale in manikonda

    ReplyDelete