Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Florida Real Estate Exam Pass Fail Ratio For May 2014

     The Florida Real Estate Commission released the pass fail ratios for the Florida real estate exam for May of 2014.  In May of 2014, Two thousand, five hundred and  fifty nine real estate license applicants attempted the Florida real estate exam for the first time  to get their Florida real estate sales associate license. One thousand, two hundred and ninety passed.  They were happy.  One thousand, two hundred and sixty nine failed.  They were sad.  They all paid $31.50 for the experience. That is very close to a fifty fifty pass ratio.

Florida Real Estate Exam Pass Ratio for May, 2014
     If you intend to pass the Florida real estate exam, you need to be studying.  Why is the pass rate for the Florida real estate exam so dismal?  I don't think most real estate instructors at Florida real estate schools tell their students how tough the Florida real estate exam is.

     I have lots of students that attend my two day state exam prep course.  Many people call this the "cram course".  Many students that attend this course did not take their basic real estate course from us.  They took their basic course from a competitive real estate school.  Most of them tell me that their real estate instructor did not tell them that the Florida real estate exam was tough.

     I tell my students that the state exam is tough.  I have the pass fail result sheets from the Department of Business and Professional Regulation posted right on the wall of our real estate classroom.  I want my students to know that the Florida real estate exam is no picnic.

     I tell my students that ten percent of the Florida real estate exam is math.  I advise them to watch my free real estate math videos on You Tube.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO8Nq_eny0w

     I advise my students to study for the Florida real estate exam from Linda Crawford's "Exam Manual for Real Estate Sales Associates"  This is unquestionably the best study aid available for studying for the Florida real estate exam.

     I advise my foreign language speaking students to take a foreign language  dictionary with them to the Florida real estate exam.  Many foreign language speaking students show up at my two day review and tell me they have never heard this from their instructor. 

     Many students tell me they have never read the "Candidate's Handbook".  This is a little booklet that tells you what is on the exam.  It has a bunch of tips for passing the Florida real estate exam.  If you don't have the "Candidate's Handbook", contact Kathy at www.climerrealestateschool.com Kathy will send you a handbook for free.

     I encourage mt students to make flashcards.  This is a great study aid to study for the Florida real estate exam.  Take 3x5 cards and write, "What kind of mortgage has partial release clauses?" on one side of the card and write,"Blanket mortgage" on the other side.  Play with these cards while sitting at red lights and other activities.  Use them with your classmates.  Flashcards are a fabulous study aid for the Florida real estate test.

     You would think that repeat test takers would do better than first time test takers.  The facts do not bear that out.  In May, 2499 applicants took the Florida real estate exam for the second or third or fourth or fifth time.  802 passed. 1697 failed.  That is a 32% pass rate.  They all paid $31.50 every time they took the Florida real estate exam.  I think your best bet is to pass the Florida real estate exam the first time you take it.  If we can help you pass the Florida real estate test,  please call us at 407 822 3926  

1 comment:

  1. It's like you read my mind! You appear to know a lot about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you can do with a few pics to drive the message home a little bit, but instead of that, this is great blog. A fantastic read. I’ll definitely be back
    flats for sale in manikonda

    ReplyDelete