Thursday, April 14, 2011

Easy to Read, Likely to Read

   Yesterday, I suggested we all need to read more.  Certainly,  this is a good idea. Here is something that might make it easier for you.
   I am extremely fortunate to live in Orange county.  Orange county has a great library.  I thought of a book yesterday that I wanted to read again, "The Gentle Art of Verbal Self Defense" by Suzzette Elgin. If you have not read this book, get it and read it.
   What made me think of this book was a story that one of my broker students told me.  One of my students told me a story about a bank employee that verbally accused her of violating the code of ethics of the association of Realtors.  My first thought was how would a bank employee know about the the code of ethics?  My first response would be to ask her that.  "What do you know about that?"  Defend yourself verbally.  Elgin's book shows you how to do this tactfully,nicely.
   As I was saying, We have a great library in Orange county.  As soon as I realized I wanted to read this book again, I reached in my wallet. took my library card and ask the library to mail it to me. It will arrive in a few days. I did not spend a penny.  It took about ninety seconds.  While I had the library on the phone, I asked them to mail me "The Fred Factor".  I read an article in the Florida Realtor magazine that recommended that. It will also arrive in a few days.
   Go to the library.  Get a Kindle.  Use Amazon. Read. It will enhance your career.

No comments:

Post a Comment