Thursday, April 14, 2011

Easy to Read, Likely to Read

Yesterday, I suggested we all need to read more.  Certainly that is a good idea.  Here is a idea that make it easier for you to read.  I am extremely lucky to live in Orange county.  Orange county has the best library.  I thought of a book yesterday that I wanted to read again; "The Gentle Art of Verbal Self Defense" by Suzzette Elgin. If you have not read this wonderful book,  get it and read it.
   What made me think of this book was a story that one of my broker student told me yesterday in class.One of my students told me about a bank employee that verbally accused her of violating the code of ethics of the association of Realtors.  My first thought was how would a bank employee even know about the code of ethics?  Most likely the employee would not.  You have to confront people like that and ask them " What do you know about that?" People are constantly verbally attacking. Defend yourself gently, nicely.tactfully.
   As I was saying, what a great library we have in Orange county. As soon as I thought I wanted this book , I reached in my wallet, took out my lirary card, called the library and ordered this book. It didn't cost me a penny.  It was very little effort. It will arrive in the mail in a few days.  While I had the library on the phone, I asked them to send me "The Fred Factor".  I was reading an article in the Florida Realtor magazine that recommended this book.
   Go to the library.  Get a kindle. Go to Amazon.  Read .  It will enhance your career. See lots of people every day,

No comments:

Post a Comment