Thursday, September 29, 2011

Victorious,The Best Feeling

    On the wall at Climer School of Real Estate is a plaque that was given to Kathy, our employee of the decade.  This plaque has Vince Lombardi's essay, "You Have To Pay The Price" engraved on it.  This is the essay that ends with the phrase," I believe in God and I believe in human decency.  But I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle VICTORIOUS."
    I could not agree more with Lombardi more. 
    Yesterday, I had a teacher's delight experience.  I was teaching a pre license real estate class when one of my past students, John showed up at the back of the room.  John had been in class about three months ago.  He had struggled to pass the Florida real estate exam. 
    He had attended my two day state exam review cram course.  He bought the skinny book with the four hundred practice questions.  He bought my audio discs.  He told me he listened to them many times.  He watched my math videos on You Tube.  It was a struggle for John.
    When John walked in the back of my classroom, I knew by the look on his face that the struggle was over for John.   I pointed at him and said,"Do you have a real estate license?"  He proudly replied, " As of an hour ago, yes I do."  He was proud of himself but I was more proud of him.
   He told me he passed on his eighth attempt.  This getting a real estate license is harder for some people than it is for others.  Everything in life is easier for some people than it is for others.
    Vince Lombardi is certainly right. Nothing feels better than lying on the field of battle, exhausted and victorious.

No comments:

Post a Comment