Saturday, September 29, 2012

There Are Compliments and There are Compliments

     I enjoy getting complimentary emails but this one was special.
Hello, everyone. This is Bryan White from your 63-hour real estate exam class at Climer School of Real Estate. I hope you all had great success in passing the real estate exam, and I hope you are all having fantastic success with your new real estate license. I wanted to drop you all a quick note to let you know just how great Ron's 45 hour course is. To put it bluntly, the post-license course practically puts the pre-license course to shame. When Ron's not teaching for the test, he lets loose in a way that you really get to learn. The other thing that I found really neat is the level of interaction between the students. We were there learning together in order to pass a test, but in the post-license course, you will be there to learn success principles. I have studied the sales process and sales techniques for the past several years before coming to the logical conclusion that being a real estate agent was the right choice for me. Everything that Ron taught, from the basics to the more advanced sales techniques, was spot on. Everything, while well-explained enough for someone hearing it the first time, was at the same time an addition to everything I have learned.

While you're waiting for the class to begin, start preparing a presentation to give to the class. It doesn't have to be long, but have fun putting it together, and make it entertaining and educational. What could you do? Well, Mary performed her listing presentation for selling customers; Jeff showed us how he works with his real estate license in the business brokerage side of the business. Denzel showed us how to forge checks and more importantly make sure checks we write don't become altered by scammers. I gave a presentation on hypnosis and sales. Litza gave a demonstration of the importance of body language and non-verbal communication. Shawn showed us several iPhone apps that are great for real estate agents to have. In short, you never know what you will learn by attending Ron's 45 hour post-license course.

I have already decided that in February, I will be attending again. I can't wait to see who will be in that class, and I think taking it again will be beneficial for several reasons: Within an hour in class I could tell that no two post-license classes are ever the same, and honestly I think it will be great to get some success under my belt as a REALTOR, then come back for a check up from the neck up. It's also a fantastic place to make contacts, because most of the people taking the class are there as established professionals... Why wouldn't you want other friends in the business? I hope to see some or all of you there. From my experience, it was a great time, a whole lot more fun for everyone, if only because the nature of the class is not to pass a test. I hope you'll join me. It is wonderful to know that all the education that I take between now and January of 2016 is for my benefit and not because I have to do it to keep my license.

Also, please respond to this e-mail and let everyone know what you are doing now. I would love to know, and I would love to keep contact with each of you so that we can all help our own and each other's businesses. I'll start.

I passed the exam August 1. From there I immediately went and hung my license at Z House Realty Group, where the person who helped my wife and me buy our house is taking me on as a sort of apprentice. I have taken training and am BPO certified, though I am quickly finding out that the banks want someone with two years of sales experience. The good news is that I have other agents to work with and we will be doing it as a team so that we can get REO listings. I am also applying Ron's techniques to be able to get myself in front of FSBO sellers, and I am starting to use something he taught in class to find foreclosure victims, so that I can help them avoid the consequences of foreclosure that no one talks about, but are much worse than the foreclosure itself. It's really a great feeling when you all but save someone's life and future, and stand to profit from doing so. Talk about a win/win situation.

So, there's my 30-second update. What is yours?

I look forward to hearing from all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment